CoT Home > Advising
- Make sure your schedule (printed or on myPurdue) indicates you are a candidate. If you don't see "CAND" or "CANDIDATE" on your schedule, please see your academic counselor immediately.
- If you have any concerns, check with your academic advisor early in the semester to verify that your degree requirements are being met. You may want to order a transcript so that you can clearly see your academic record by semester.
- Beware of senioritis. It's easy to be distracted. Check minimum GPA and credit requirements for your plan of study.
- Make sure you have no encumbrances (such as financial aid final interview or money owed for parking tickets, student health center services, library fines, lab breakage fees, etc.). You will not receive your degree until encumbrances have been cleared.
- Provide your current and future address to the Office of the Registrar via myPurdue or at Hovde Hall, Rm 45.
- Midway through the semester you will receive information from the registrar to verify your name, major, hometown, etc. Please respond promptly. A few weeks later you will receive a second mailing about your cap and gown and commencement tickets.