Computer Graphics Technology (CGT)
Meet Lonald Howard.
From the latest Hollywood blockbuster to the educational computer games at the local elementary school, computer graphics are becoming increasingly common. And graduates of the CGT program work in all arms of the industry: entertainment, education, business, and more. Like them, you will master techniques, processes, and concepts to prepare for a career of creating, managing or researching computer graphics.
During your senior year, you will take courses in professional practices and contemporary problems in computer graphics. These courses will give you the chance to experience a real-world computer graphics project. You can see samples of projects online at www.tech.purdue.edu/cgt/showcase.
- Flexible curriculum that allows you to specialize based on your interests and talents
- Faculty with industry experience
- Industry-standard lab facilities that provide daily experiences with the latest technologies
- Classes include lecture and demonstration sessions
- Real-world research projects that allow you to work alongside faculty and for actual clients
Computer graphics terms, concepts, and techniques are stressed to ensure a well-rounded understanding of graphics production. You can choose to generalize your studies in applied computer graphics technology or develop more in-depth knowledge and skills in other areas:
- Web Programming & Design
- Technical animation
- Manufacturing graphics
- Construction graphics
- Virtual product integration
This major is also offered at the following statewide locations:
- Web Programming
- Web Design
- Sketching and design for visualization and communication
- Geometric modeling
- Raster and vector imaging
- Web Programmer/Developer
- Architectural illustrator
- Computer game developer
- Design engineer
- Graphic consultant
- Graphic designer
- Augmented reality
- Educational technology
- Human-computer interaction
- Industrial simulation
- Mobile devices
- Product lifecycle management
- Rapid prototyping
- Real-time rendering
- Scientific visualization
- Virtual environments
- Web Programming, Development, & Database Integration
In addition to over 50 programs approved for CoT students, summer internship opportunities are available in London, England, and Sydney, Australia.
Click here to learn more about Student Organizations.
The BS in CGT program in West Lafayette is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.