Instructions for Using the Department of Computer Graphics Placement Services
The Department works very hard in assisting graduating students in finding employment. The Department has been very successful in finding graduates well paying jobs with an average placement rate of over 95% for the last 4 years. In order for us to assist you in finding employment you must follow the procedures outlined below. If you follow the procedures we are confident that you will find a job soon after graduating.
- A one-page resume must be turned in to the Director of Placement.
- Any recommended changes to your resume must be completed by the end of the 5th week of classes.
- A resume must be turned into CCO using their standard criteria by the end of the 3rd week of classes in the semester you plan on graduating.
- Check the Placement Job Board outside of the CGT main office every day to review new job postings.
- If you find a job posting you are interested in being considered for, give the Director of Placement your resume so it can be sent to the prospective employer for their review or forward it directly to the employer if specified. You will be contacted by the Department or the prospective employer to make arrangements for interviewing if you are one of the final candidates.
- The first time you miss a scheduled interview time arranged by CGT or CCO you will be placed on probation. The second time you miss a scheduled interview time you will lose all placement assistance.
- As soon as you accept a job you must return the Placement Information Survey to the CGT Department using the self-addressed stamped envelope.
- If you are the only CGT graduate being interviewed for a job and you refuse the offer please contact the Department so we can recommend another CGT graduate to the prospective employer.
After your 6th month on the job please return the Graduate Follow-up Survey using the self-addressed stamped envelope