Computer Graphics Technology Directory
David M Whittinghill MS, Ph.D.
Campus: West Lafayette
Department: Computer and Information Technology
Department: Computer Graphics Technology
Office: KNOY 333
Knoy Hall of Technology
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2021
Dr. David Whittinghill is an Assistant Professor of Computer Graphics Technology and Computer and Information Technology. Dr. Whittinghill’s research focuses on simulation, systems, gaming and computer programming; he studies the common processes, valences, and parameters that drive both simulations and games as well as how best to teach the programming skills that make these analyses possible.
Prior to joining Purdue he gained extensive experience in the research industry in the fields of visualization, agent-based modeling, digital anti-tampering, robotics, pharmaceuticals, and web development. His expertise is in computer programming.
- Game Design and Development
- Modeling, Simulation, Visualization
- Physically Based Rendering/Global Illumination
- Software Engineering
- Enterprise Application Development
- Mobile Computing
- Augmented/Virtual Reality
- CGT 215 - Computer Graphics Programming I
- CNIT 499 / CGT 490 - Video Game Design & Development
- CGT 611 - Pipeline & Development
- CNIT 450 - Enterprise Application Development
- CNIT 295 / CNIT 350 - Object Oriented Programming I