Current and proposed courses
- CNIT 172: Introduction to Application Development (minors only)
- CNIT 272: Database Fundamentals
- CNIT 372: Database Programming
- CNIT 392: Enterprise Data Management
- CNIT 487: Database Administration
- CNIT 488: Data Warehousing
- CNIT 499: Special Topics
Contact: Prof. John Springer
List of objectives
- Provide students with a sound foundation in the principles of data collection, storage, and access.
- Provide students with a deep understanding of the design, implementation, and use of databases.
- For individual courses, the topics are:
- CNIT 172: Introduction to personal data management, including very basic design and query techniques (using Microsoft Access).
- CNIT 272: Basics of relational database design, implementation and querying (with ERwin and Oracle SQL).
- CNIT 372: Advanced database programming in a relational environment, including stored procedures, triggers, and query optimization.
- CNIT 392: Advanced logical and physical design, environmental implementation issues, objects in databases, data warehouse design fundamentals, and distributed databases.
- CNIT 487: Database administration, including operational issues, troubleshooting, and database recovery.
- CNIT 488: Data warehouse modeling, infrastructure, and implementation issues.