ECET 27900 - Embedded Digital Systems
Credit Hours: 3.00.
A course emphasizing the advanced applications of embedded digital systems. Topics include embedded system architecture, use of advanced programmable counter/timer arrays, analog interfaces, serial communication, and interrupts.
1. Solve problems by the application of C programs emphasizing I/O and peripherals.
2. Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the application of parallel ports, counter-timers, programmable counter arrays, serial ports and interrupts.
3. Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of embedded microcontroller system hardware system design.
4. Demonstrate the use of software development tools such as an editor, an assembler, a C compiler, a linker and locator, an object-to-hex converter, etc.
5. Demonstrate fluency in the language of advanced microprocessors.
ECET 17900 Minimum Grade of D-
Must be enrolled in Electrical Engineering Technology