ECET 44400 - Wireless Systems: Design And Measurement
Credit Hours: 3.00.
In this course wireless RF signals and microwave circuit designs are studied. Topics include signal analysis, RF signal measurement, microstrip design and analysis, Smith chart applications, RF circuit design, s-parameters, power dividers and couplers, filter design, and advanced RF PCB layout.
1. Apply knowledge of RF component non-idealities.
2. Design, simulate and test RF amplifiers, filters, and power dividers.
3. Apply RF test methods and procedures to RF components, circuits and systems.
4. Demonstrate microstrip and stripline analysis and design.
5. Apply RF simulation software for the analysis and design of RF circuits.
6. Demonstrate printed circuit board layout techniques for high frequency applications.
7. Demonstrate the use of RF laboratory equipment including the vector network analyzer, spectrum analyzer and RF generator.
ECET 27400 Minimum Grade of D- and ECET 36400 Minimum Grade of D-
Must be enrolled in Electrical Engineering Technology