ECET 34900 - Advanced Digital Systems
Credit Hours: 3.00.
This course investigates complex digital systems that are implemented with field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) using concurrent and sequential digital design techniques. Applications will include interfacing with analog signals and memory systems.
1. Design FPGA solutions for given digital design problems using a hardware description language (HDL).
2. Design FPGA solutions for given digital problems using a high-level sequential programming language for embedded processors.
3. Design FPGA solutions by decomposing a system into concurrent and sequential functional blocks and using hierarchical system development techniques.
4. Verify digital designs using simulation and hardware prototyping.
5. Analyze and design memory subsystems.
6. Apply ADC and DAC circuits to interface digital systems with analog devices/systems.
ECET 17900 Minimum Grade of D- and
ECET 22900 Minimum Grade of D-
Must be enrolled in Electrical Engineering Technology