ECET 34500 - Advanced Digital Systems
Credit Hours: 4.0.
Digital system design with an emphasis on Application Specific Integrated Circuits is studied. System considerations, including design entry, simulation, and testing; selection of ASIC methodology, process technology, and packaging; and IC fabrication are addressed. Hierarchical circuit designs are implemented with CPLDs or FPGAs using a Hardware Description Language.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
1. Design CPLD/FPGA solutions for given digital design problems using VHDL and hierarchical system development techniques.
2. Verify digital designs using simulation and hardware prototyping.
3. Discuss advantages and disadvantages of using ASIC technology.
4. Compare the various ASIC methodologies.
5. Identify variable cost factors for IC manufacturing.
6. Compare semiconductor process technologies.
7. Compare IC packaging technologies.
ECET 15900 Minimum Grade of D- or
EET 15900 Minimum Grade of D-