ECET 42400 - Wireless Systems: Design And Measurement
Credit Hours: 4.0.
In this course wireless RF signals and microwave circuit designs are studied. Topics covered in the course include RF passive systems, power dividers, couplers, RF amplifiers, RF filters, impedance matching, planar antennas, resonators, VCO's, RF simulation and high frequency PCB layout.
After completing the course the students should be able to:
1. Understand and apply knowledge of RF component non-idealities.
2. Design, simulate and test RF amplifiers, filters, and power dividers.
3. Demonstrate and apply RF test methods and procedures to RF components, circuits and systems.
4. Apply RF simulation software for the analysis and design of RF circuits.
5. Demonstrate printed circuit board layout techniques for high frequency applications.
6. Demonstrate the use of RF laboratory equipment including the vector network analyzer, spectrum analyzer and RF generator.
ECET 32400 Minimum Grade of D- or
EET 32400 Minimum Grade of D-