Electrical Engineering Technology (EET)
Meet Yuetian Wang.
When you study electrical engineering technology, you study the lifeblood of today's technology: electronics. Electronics technology is a part of most everything society relies on, from air conditioning to airplanes, and from trains to televisions. And because technology is constantly evolving, you will be engaged in learning methods that will help you adapt to and embrace new technologies and their uses.
The electrical engineering principles you will learn can be applied in a wide range of careers, including biomedical, transportation, communications, entertainment and manufacturing. Our graduates have played a part in scientific advancements in a variety of industries. They have impacted lives and improved everyday uses of technology.
- Placement rate greater than 90 percent
- Create interesting electronic projects your first semester
- Learn in state-of-the-art laboratories from faculty with industry experience
- Choose a concentration in computer engineering technology (West Lafayette only)
The electrical engineering technology program includes a wide variety of elective courses so you may emphasize certain specialty areas:
- electronics and electrical technologies
- process and machine control
- computers, microprocessors, embedded microcontrollers and systems
- analog and digital communications
- local area networks
- power systems
- digital electronics
Project management and development, professional development and teamwork are threads throughout the program.
- Digital fundamentals and applications
- Electrical power and controls
- Electronic prototype development
- Applications engineer
- Controls engineer
- Design engineer
- Embedded hardware engineer
- Embedded software engineer
- Field engineer
- Instrumentation engineer
- Sales engineer
- Systems engineer
- Power and energy management
- High performance computing
- Nanotechnology–magnetic force microscopy
- Power electronics
In addition to over 50 programs approved for CoT students, ECET offers one-two week summer study abroad programs for credit in Germany, Ireland, Italy, and Switzerland. One semester study abroad programs in Germany and Ireland are available and grant supported. In some cases, this experience can be combined with a working internship.
Click here to learn more about Student Organizations.
The BS in EET program at West Lafayette, Kokomo, and South Bend and the AS in EET at New Albany are accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.