ECET 46000 - Project Design And Development
Credit Hours: 3.00.
An extensive individual or small group design project is carried out with guidance from a faculty advisor. This course includes determining customer requirements, considering design alternatives, prototyping, project integration, and testing. The project is completed as a robust prototype. The course concludes with a formal written report and a presentation of the project to faculty and invited industrial guests.
1. From a formal project proposal, create a functional prototype to solve the given problem.
2. Utilize a software scheduling package to plan and track the progress of a project.
3. Weigh design alternatives for customer requirements, efficiency, reliability, and cost.
4. Apply formal test procedures to the developed prototype.
5. Analyze the data acquired during testing of the prototype.
6. Present a project orally to a specific audience.
7. Write a technical report including conclusions and recommendations for further work.
Must be enrolled in Electrical Engineering Technology
ECET 43000 Minimum Grade of D-