Faculty and staff honored at luncheon
Faculty and staff were recognized for their work throughout the year during the annual recognition luncheon May 1. Award winners were:
- Academic Advisor: T.R. Oneal, electrical and computer engineering technology
- Staff Customer Service: Debbie Hulsey, office of graduate studies
- Staff Leadership: Toni Munguia, diversity programs
- Statewide Technology Staff Excellence (new award): Valorie Moorman, students services, Greensburg
- Outstanding Non-tenured Faculty: Jeffrey Evans, electrical and computer engineering technology
- Outstanding Tenured Faculty: Athula Kulatunga, electrical and computer engineering technology
- Dwyer Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching: Tom Kirk, mechanical engineering technology
- Early Faculty Discovery (new award): Bedrich Benes, computer graphics technology
- Outstanding Faculty in Engagement: Nathan Hartman, computer graphics technology, and Athula Kulatunga, electrical and computer engineering technology
- Faculty Convocation Poster Session awards: Jeffrey Evans, electrical and computer engineering technology, and Bedrich Benes, computer graphics technology
Nine others were honored for their years of service:
- 10 years: Michelle Arthur, Todd Brewer
- 15 years: Lloyd Ewing, Janet Burkenpas
- 20 years: Angela McKinney, Dennis Carter, Richard Childress
- 25 years: Beverly Logsdon
- 30 years: Marsha Stultz
MET graduate is a true boilermaker
For Andy Bell, a May graduate of the mechanical engineering technology
program, being a boilermaker is more than just rooting for Purdue on
game day — it's a way of life.
Bell, who is receiving a bachelor's degree, has been employed as a
professional boilermaker — working mainly in the power industry — since
he was 19. He followed in the footsteps of his father, Pat, who also
was a boilermaker. However, at age 21, Andy decided that he wanted to
take a slightly different path.
Two department-level master's degrees approved
The Purdue University Board of Trustees has approved master’s degrees
in computer and information technology and in industrial technology.
The programs must still be approved by the Indiana Commission on Higher
Purdue trustees approve faculty promotions
The Purdue University Board of Trustees approved the promotions of seven College of Technology professors.
Graduate student honors
Several College of Technology graduate students were honored by the graduate school recently.
Purdue to offer leadership development course in Greenfield
The Purdue College of Technology at Anderson will offer a course in organizational leadership and supervision in Greenfield beginning in June.
Human Behavior in Organizations is a three-credit-hour class offered through the Department of Organizational Leadership and Supervision at Purdue. The eight-week course will meet 5:30-8 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning June 2 at the Hancock County Emergency Operations Center, 640 S. Franklin St., Greenfield.
Read the full release.
College of Technology students won awards in the recent Digital Cinema Contest and Undergraduate Research and Poster Symposium.
SPIRIT named a Mira award finalist
The SPIRIT program in the College of Technology has been named a
finalist in the annual TechPoint Mira Awards. The awards honor Indiana
businesses, schools and universities, and individuals for their
contributions to Indiana’s technology-related economy.
Northwestern garage to undergo repairs
Sponsored research update
If you have news you'd like to see reported in the newsletter, check out the faculty and staff news reporting form. Use this form to notify the College of Technology
communications team of your professional news and achievements. This
information will be distributed to the team for potential use in news
releases, the dean's e-newsletter, Innovation magazine, and the college's Web site.
Jun 20-23: Electric Go-Kart summer camp, College of Technology, South Bend
Jun 27-30: Electric Go-Kart summer camp, College of Technology, South Bend
Jun 30 - Aug 2: STEM Academic Boot Camp.
Jul 11-14: Electric Go-Kart summer camp, College of Technology, South Bend
Jul 28: College of Technology Alumni Day at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.
Sep 13: 10th Annual TechPride Golf Scramble