Strategic planning process moves to implementation phase
The 2009-2014 Strategic Plan for the College of Technology was recently approved by the Office of the Provost.
With that approval, Melissa Dark, associate dean for research and strategic planning, is working toward the next step in the process: implementation.
“We want this to be a participatory process. Accomplishing our goals is contingent upon good participation from faculty and staff,” Dark says.
Seven implementation teams will be formed to help guide the progress of the plan. The teams include:
- Launching Tomorrow’s Leaders – Recruitment
- Launching Tomorrow’s Leaders – Undergraduate Curriculum
- Launching Tomorrow’s Leaders – Undergraduate Research
- Launching Tomorrow’s Leaders – Graduate Education
- Discovery With Delivery – Research Areas and Funding
- Discovery With Delivery – Technology Transfer, Commercialization and Entrepreneurship
- Meeting Global Challenges – Partnerships
Nominations and self-nominations for team members will continue through September 7 so that implementation teams can be finalized by September 12. Send nominations to Melissa Dark.
View the full 2009-2014 Strategic Plan online.