All CoT undergraduate programs now accredited
All College of Technology academic programs on the West Lafayette campus, and several at Statewide Technology locations, are now accredited.
The Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE) announced last week that three programs had been re-accredited and a fourth had achieved initial accreditation.
Organizational leadership and supervision earned its initial six-year accreditation. Industrial technology, industrial distribution and computer graphics technology had their accreditation renewed for six years.
"Accreditation by an outside agency helps us ensure that our programs provide our students with a quality education," says Mary Sadowski, associate dean for undergraduate programs. "Through accreditation we continually assess our course offerings and methodologies to assure a quality program."
Other agencies and the CoT programs they accredit are:
- ABET (Computer Accrediting Commission): Computer and information technology
- ABET (Technology Accrediting Commission): Aeronautical engineering technology, electrical engineering technology (BS in West Lafayette, South Bend, Kokomo; AS in New Albany), industrial technology, mechanical engineering technology (BS in West Lafayette, AS in New Albany), manufacturing engineering technology
- American Council for Construction Education (ACCE): Building construction management
- Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI): Aeronautical engineering technology, aviation management, professional flight
- National Council for Accreditation for Teacher Education (NCATE): Engineering/technology teacher education