Nominations sought for Violet Haas Award
The Council on the Status of Women (CSW), an organization that works to provide a voice for all women at Purdue University, is seeking nominations for the 2011 Violet Haas Award. Mary Sadowski, associate dean for undergraduate programs and learning in the College of Technology, was last year's recipient.
The award was established in 1990. It recognizes those individuals, programs, or departments currently at Purdue who have effectively facilitated the advancement of women in hiring, promotion, education, and salary, or have generally enhanced a positive professional climate for women at Purdue University.
- Breadth and impact of nominee's accomplishments within and beyond the responsibilities of his/her position.
- Nominee’s noteworthy efforts on behalf of women faculty, staff, and/or students at Purdue.
- Nominee’s noteworthy efforts on behalf of women outside of Purdue (if applicable).
- Nominee’s length of service at Purdue and time period of accomplishments.
- Nomination letter may be up to three pages in length.
- Maximum of four letters of support.
- Include nominee’s resume, which may be up to four pages in length.
- Nominations can be considered for two consecutive years. Nominators will be contacted each year to update documentation.
Nominations are due by Friday, February 18, 2011.
Send an original and four copies to:
Gina Kerr, Chair
Violet Haas Award Selection Committee
Office of Institutional Equity
Young Hall, 10th Floor
155 S. Grant St.
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2114