Alumni input sought for Technology Innovation Initiative
The College of Technology is seeking alumni input as it works to create a Technology Innovation Initiative. The short online survey will gather insights about alumni careers, career paths, and influences.
The initiative is designed to connect the college, faculty and students to the development of small business and start up ventures. Included in the many goals of the initiative are:
- providing the knowledge, skills and resources to innovate technologies at start-ups and small businesses
- serving as a hub for collaboration in technology integration and innovation
- accelerating the transfer of innovations into the marketplace
- and fostering a culture of innovation that impacts the college and the growth of small business.
The initiative will offer services to include:
- providing seed funding to support the development of innovative technologies
- providing small businesses and start ups with advisory services and connections to local companies and investment sources
- offering education programs, including courses, lectures, seminars and conferences that expose students to an experiential learning environment and prepare students to "Make Jobs, Not Take Jobs"
Plans are in place to offer membership opportunities for companies interested in collaboration with college faculty and students and to share in the development of curriculum, research initiatives and innovation commercialization efforts.
An ultimate goal is to provide a multipurpose facility to include lab and learning spaces, lab bays, meeting rooms, classrooms and open office space conducive to collaboration and project testing and development.