Integration of information technology support finalized
On January 19, 2011, the integration of TCN into ECN agreement was finalized and signed by both Dean Dennis Depew of the College of Technology and Dean Leah Jamieson of the College of Engineering. The new organization supporting the information technology needs for the College of Technology is ECN; the TCN terminology will no longer be used.
The merger was part of President France A Cordova’s Sustaining New Synergies initiative. Analysis reflects a significant synergistic effect from combining the organizations, as well as a cost savings to the College of Technology.
The integration of TCN into ECN creates many new opportunities for the college and you will be receiving additional communications in the future. For now, you may continue to make IT requests through the old “TechSupport” email group name. This name is rerouted and populates the ECN ticketing software. You can also submit a help request here.
Our Senior Site Manager from ECN is Sundeep Rao. He is always available to discuss your professional and departmental IT needs. At this time, he has an office in Knoy 279.
Purchasing procedures will follow the same general processes. Below are some additional details regarding the process that, to some extent, have already been implemented:
- All IT orders (equipment and software) will be placed by ECN staff through Pam Hiner (ECN) in MSEE 150C. CoT faculty and staff should work with their ECN representative.
- As part of this process, the College of Technology faculty/clerical/lab tech placing the order item will provide email approvals (department head, department secretary, etc.) along with the account number.
- The ECN business office will enter the order and attach the email approval.
- The procurement system will route the order to the appropriate CoT comptroller approver who will provide the appropriate fiscal review and ensure academic approval has been obtained and is documented.
- Packing slips for orders shipped directly to KNOY Hall or MGL should be delivered to Diana Jones. She will notify Pam Hiner of the items receipt and forward a copy of the packing slip to her to close the process. Diana will file the original packing slip in the business office.
- Packing slips for orders shipped directly to Niswonger or Young should be delivered to Emily Baker in the AT/OLS business office. She will notify Pam Hiner of the items receipt and forward a copy of the packing slip to her to close the process. Emily will file the original packing slip in the business office.