Dean's office announces professional development loan program
College of Technology administrative and professional staff are eligible for a professional development loan program to help offset tuition costs of the college’s ProSTAR-administered weekend master’s programs.
The loan will provide participants with financial support equivalent to one-third of the current weekend master’s rates per semester over program. Based on current rates, this would result in a total loan of $8,250.
Funding will be provided from the dean’s office through gift funds or professional development program residual funds. Participation will be capped at a maximum of three participants at any given time. If recipients remain employed at Purdue for two years following graduation, the loan will be forgiven.
The following guidelines will apply:
- Individuals will apply to the Graduate School through traditional graduate application processes.
- After acceptance to the Graduate School, applicants will notify their unit leader (department head, associate dean, director) of their wish to participate in the Professional Development Loan program. This request will be forwarded to ProSTAR leadership.
- ProSTAR will coordinate a review of the applicant’s materials by the specific program’s faculty who will make a recommendation for participation to the dean, who will make the final acceptance decision and notify the applicant.
- In the event that more than three qualified applicants apply, ProSTAR will make recommendations for participation and forward all materials to the dean for a final decision.
- Continued support is contingent on maintenance of a 3.0 or better GPA.
After acceptance to the program, participants will work with the Division of Financial Aid and the college director of financial affairs to process the appropriate paperwork including the signing of a promissory note.