*Use the link on the right to check out our current student ambassadors!
Technology Student Ambassadors Statement of Purpose
The technology student ambassador program exists to help the Purdue College of Technology at South Bend recruit new students, bring visibility and community awareness to our program, and to bring energy, enthusiasm, fun, and Boilermaker Spirit to the faculty, students, staff, and alumni of the college.
Technology student ambassadors will act as representatives of the college by relaying important information about student life, campus opportunities and activities, and academics from a student perspective. Ambassadors may be asked to speak with prospective students and parents, attend recruiting events, visit local schools, speak with alumni, lead tours of the Technology Building, and speak with business and industry professionals.
In addition, technology student ambassadors will plan events such as a community service project, a College of Technology “Open House” event, and other events that bring some fun to our program.
What does it take to be an ambassador?
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude about the College of Technology and Purdue University
- Desire to meet new people and promote Purdue as a world-class institution
- Willingness to volunteer when help is needed
- Reliability, responsibility, proven leadership and friendliness
Why join the student ambassadors?
You get the opportunity to:
- meet, interact, and network with future Boilermakers, their families, and your fellow peers;
- sharpen your time management, leadership, interpersonal communication and public speaking skills;
- share personal experiences and Purdue knowledge;
- HAVE FUN!
If you are interested in joining the Purdue student ambassadors or have questions about joining, please contact Shanna Frische-Mouri at 574.520.4180.