CoT Home > Study Abroad
From the U.K. to Mexico, Singapore, and China, nearly 40 study abroad programs at Purdue are open to College of Technology students. Programs range from just a few weeks to semester and year-long stays.
Why Study Abroad?
It’s the perfect time:
In many ways, your college years are the best time for you to go abroad.
- This is the greatest opportunity you’ll ever have to try new and unfamiliar things in the company of fellow students doing the same thing.
- You may have fewer commitments (bills, mortgages, family, limited vacation time…) than you will ever have. It’s much easier to go away for three or four months now than it will be after you graduate.
- Though you can go on vacation later, study abroad is a deeper experience. The programs are meant to help you have more contact with the culture you are visiting, and to learn more from it, than is possible on a vacation.
It Builds Your Credentials:
Studying abroad can help you to get a job after graduation.
- In today’s global economy, most employers seek international experience in prospective employees because it says that you are mature, adaptable, and can relate to people who are different from yourself.
For more information about studying abroad through Purdue, visit the Purdue Study Abroad Web site.
For questions specific to the College of Technology, contact:
- The academic advisor for your program of study
- or Prof. Don Buskirk, coordinator of study abroad for the College of Technology, by e-mail or phone (765) 496-2297.