Relevant IT Courses:
- IT 214 Introduction to Lean Manufacturing
- IT 342, Introduction to Statistical Quality
- IT 446, Six Sigma Quality
- IT 483, Facility Design for Lean Manufacturing
- IT 581, Principles of Six Sigma
Purdue University’s Department of Technology Leadership & Innovation provides a model program in quality assurance and improvement. Emphasis is on utilizing Six Sigma quality approaches that result in lean manufacturing through reducing waste. The strength of the program is result-oriented applied research experience for its undergraduate and graduate students through partnerships with industry. Utilizing the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) process, the Six Sigma approach achieves significant improvements, with substantial financial gains, in any business and manufacturing enterprise.