Graduate Area of Specialization: Organizational Leadership & Supervision
Today's organizations require individuals to augment their technical expertise with leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities to enable them to develop and lead their most highly prized resource-people.
While technical competence is a desired feature of CoT graduates, additional value is created by their acquiring leadership skills, human resource management capabilities, and organizational cognizance as complements to their technical prowess.
A point in fact is the stated goal of the CoT Graduate Program to provide an educational experience which will appropriately prepare individuals for leadership positions. An even broader mandate comes from the University's mission statement stating the need to "prepare its graduates to succeed as leaders, professionals, informed consumers, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners."
- Specify "ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP" on the Plan of Study Item 3
- Enter AOS Code 968 on the adjacent line
- Enter the CoT core courses as usual (9 credits)
- Enter these required OLS courses: (9 credits)
OLS 57900- World Class Leadership
OLS 58000-Interpersonal Skills
OLS 58200- Change
- Enter plans for 12 more credits (OLS offers additional courses, as do other departments in CoT , and the university)
- Enter plans for Directed Project completion (3 credits)
If you've already submitted a plan of study and wish to include the OLS AOS, download a Change of POS form from the CoT website, enter your name, etc., and on an available line somewhere, write Area of Specialization in OLS and the code number.
Master of Science in Technology diploma at graduation
Area of Specialization: Organizational Leadership on the transcript