Industrial Distribution (ID)
Meet Rachel Kennedy.
With a degree in industrial technology or industrial distribution, you'll be poised to work in technically advanced settings in business, industry and government.
The ID program prepares you for a career that requires technology know-how, business savvy, data processing, great communication skills, and leadership. You'll learn how to be a technical problem-solver with business and supply chain knowledge.
You may also choose to pursue a dual degree in IT/ID. Employers value its strong foundation of manufacturing and distribution knowledge.
- Broad education in several technical and management areas Internship and international opportunities
- Student-oriented faculty who are experts in their fields
- Minor in biotechnology
The IT degree is technology-based and interdisciplinary, with a large number of courses that provide experiences in state-of-the-art laboratories.
This major is also offered at the following statewide locations:
- Production planning
- Industrial ergonomics
- Engineering economy
- Industrial organization
- Lean manufacturing
- Supply chain management
- Automatic identification and data capture
View Student Outcomes (pdf).
View Program Educational Objectives (pdf).
- Industrial engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Supply chain manager
- Quality control/assurance
- Production manager
- Operations supervisor
- Sales engineer
- Safety engineer
- Branch manager
- Purchasing manager
- Transportation supervisor
- Process engineer
- Project manager
- Quality control: Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Process Management
- Industrial distribution
- Supply chain management and logistics
- Industrial sales and sales management
- Biometrics and automatic identification
Department faculty have tremendous international experience, and they encourage students to experience the world. In addition to over 50 programs approved for CoT students, choices include a summer program in Germany, internships in London or Sydney, and exchanges with institutions in China, Ireland, and Australia.
Click here to learn more about Student Organizations.
The BS in IT program at West Lafayette is accredited by:
- the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012; (410) 347-7700.
- the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.