Organizational Leadership and Supervision (OLS)
Meet Ishmael Aristide.
The Organizational Leadership and Supervision program offers a highly individualized, practical approach to leadership. You will focus on interpersonal skills, quality, and change implementation. You’ll also be able to complete internships that will further develop your skills and better prepare you for career opportunities. OLS graduates are a source of professional talent for leadership positions in business, industry, government, and other organizations.
- Combines traditional leadership methods with the latest cutting-edge concepts
- Smaller classes taught by faculty from a variety of professional backgrounds
- Employers actively seek OLS graduates because of the practical skills they bring to the workplace
Most training in the program focuses on courses that provide skills and knowledge for success in professional positions. A number of courses allow you to focus in a specific area of interest or talent, such as:
- Quality control
- Labor relations
- Human relations
This major is also offered at the following statewide locations:
- Human relations
- Management of change
- Conflict resolution
- Quality and productivity
- Self-directed teams
- Interpersonal and organizational communication
- Training and development
- Critical thinking in organizations
- Customer relations manager
- Operations supervisor
- Retail manager
- Team leader
- Account executive
- HR generalist
- Virtual collaboration
- Appreciative inquiry
- Leadership strategies and ethics
- Coaching and mentoring
International study is available through the University’s study abroad program, where students combine coursework with an international internship. Summer internship programs are currently available in London, England, and Sydney, Australia. Additional study abroad opportunities are offered during the academic year.
Click here to learn more about Student Organizations.