AT Admissions Requirements
The Department of Aviation Technology (AT) expects that all applicants for graduate study within this department will exhibit competency in the following areas as a result of their undergraduate education and experiences:
- Written and spoken communication skills
- General knowledge of aviation industry operations and components
- Entry level analytical tools and processes
- Group activity and interpersonal skills
As a result of progress through the graduate program in Aviation and Aerospace Management, students will exhibit the following core competencies of:
- Conceptual Competence: be able to demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge in aviation management business and technical subjects
- Communications Competence: be able to logically and coherently express themselves in a variety of written and spoken academics and business formats.
- Analytical Competence: be able to demonstrate an appropiate level of statistical, computer and critical thinking expertise in the identification of problems, articulation of strategies, analysis of data, and production of informed consent.
- Responsible and Ethical Research Conduct: be able to use responsible and ethical research methods.
Required Items for Application
Each applicant for study in the AT Department should submit:
- A Statement of Purpose that is to be included as part of the online application.
- Official copies of transcripts for all college work
- Official GRE or GMAT scores which must be sent to Purdue by the ETS service
- International degree-seeking applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores. These scores must be sent to Purdue by the ETS service for the scores to be considered official.
- Three or more letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your ability to be successful in graduate studies.
When the AT Graduate Admissions Committee receives all of the required materials, the application will be considered complete and will be considered for admission.
Please send all required materials that are not submitted online to:
Graduate Admissions Committee
Department of Aviation Technology
1401 Aviation Drive
West Lafayette , IN 47907-2025