Alumni services provided by the CCO:
Purdue alumni have life-long services with the Center for Career Opportunities. Employers often wish to recruit Purdue Alumni so the CCO encourages alums to keep their resume up-to-date in CCO Express.
Alumni can receive assistance on a first-come, first-served basis for resume review or career-related questions during off-peak times for student service delivery.
Alumni can meet with a CCO staff member to discuss concerns about their career planning, job search or other career-related topics, during off-peak times. To make an appointment, stop by Stewart 194 or call (765) 494-3981. Appointments are based on counselor availability.
Off-Peak times available for alumni to seek walk-in service and career counseling consist of the following:
- December 1st through the first week of January.
- Spring Break week.
- Summer Hours.
Walk-in appointments are typically 5-10 minutes and are limited to 15 minutes.
The following companies are looking for BCM alumni:
The John R. Jurgensen Company, a regional heavy highway contractor, has an immediate opening for an experience Project Manager. This is a great opportunity to work for an industry leading company which offers competitive pay, excellent benefits and a challenging work environment.
As a Project Manager you will lead projects that vary in size and complexity throughout the tri-state area. The primary responsibilities are to ensure that the project team accomplishes company goals through a safe work environment, effective LEAN planning & scheduling, cost control, quality control, coordination of sub-contractors.
Major areas of Responsibilities:
- Maintain owner, subcontractor & vendor relationships
- Managing & comprehending plans, schedules, & coordinate detailed phases of heavy highway projects
- Establish & maintain master progress schedule
- Maintain Quality Assurance and Control
- Quantity reconciliation, material buyout, and subcontractor management
- Verify that applicable codes, engineering standards & environmental commitments are being met
- Review & approve scopes budgets and schedules for assignments
- Maintain general contract and subcontract documents
- Work with & supervise/mentor/train less experienced staff to complete assignments
- Keep management informed on progress of project and budget
- Participate in public meetings and presentations
- Conduct employee evaluations
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering / Construction Management or similar degree
- 5 years of experience within heavy highway construction experience
- Proficient with Primavera, HCSS, and Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) software
- Excellent organizational, communication, leadership and problem solving skills
- Diversified knowledge of project management principles and practices in broad areas related to highway, utilities, infrastructure, and earthwork
- Ability to solve complex issues with limited direction
- Knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures
- Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as required
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours
E-mail or fax resume and salary requirements to:
email@example.com or (513)326-6795
Kolb Grading, LLC. a Missouri Company is looking for a construction management and or project engineer position to support construction operations on the I-69 Corridor, in Indiana. Position will require employee to possess general understanding of heavy highway construction with emphasis on mass excavation and drainage construction. Normal operating procedures will require document control, scheduling, erosion control compliance and supervision, and measurement and payment recording.
All applicants shall possess computer skills and have past experience or educational credentials.
Please contact Brian VanCardo.
Fred Weber/Kolb Grading Joint Venture
5731 Westwood Drive
St. Charles, MO 63304
Construction Job Supervisor Position Available:
Job Summary: Completes construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff. Must have concrete experience and be willing to travel.
Construction Supervisor Job Duties:
- Supervises employees to ensure they meet the daily performance goals
- Manages sub-contractors by monitoring and controlling performance.
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meets construction budget by keeping project within budgeted hours and identifies variances; implementing corrective actions
- Accomplishes construction project results by scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
Full-time Construction Project Manager Position Available
To provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. This job requires travel.
Project Management Duties:
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Selects and coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises assistant managers, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to owners and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
Qualified applicants may send résumés to:
Commercial general contractor located in South Bend IN seeks individuals for full time positions. Individuals would supervise on site tradesmen, manage materials, schedules, daily project reports, inspections etc... on our light commercial projects. These exciting positions offer the opportunity to work with Nationally known brands throughout the country.
Qualified applicants may send résumés to:
Shamrock Development Inc.
5775 Nimtz Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
BCM Alumni Events:
Are you hosting an event for BCM alumni in your area?
To list your event, please contact: