academics : Degree Programs
Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) : Program Educational Objectives and Program Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives - Statements describing expected early career achievements of graduates as a result of their educational preparation.
Program Outcomes - Statements describing what students are expected to know and do by the time of graduation. These relate to skills, knowledge, and behaviors that students acquire in the program.
Program Educational Objectives
- Deliver services and support to both internal and external clients by applying technical knowledge, problem-solving techniques and hands-on skills in traditional and emerging areas of mechanical discipline.
- Understand the value of lifelong learning and engage in further growth through activities such as continuing education and technical training.
- Document and present key project aspects in written and oral form.
- Complete projects within multidisciplinary teams.
- Work within the accepted standards of professional ethics.
- Apply knowledge, problem solving techniques, and hands-on skills in the areas of product development, manufacturing processes, materials specification, fluid power, energy systems, and continuous improvement.
- Recognize the need to continue professional development by engaging in lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communications.
- Solve problems in a team environment.
- Demonstrate awareness of the accepted standards of professional integrity and ethical conduct.
AMCE Building - Columbus
4444 Kelly Street
Columbus, IN 47203
Lead Student Services Coordinator & VA Certifying Official
Student Services Assistant
Greensburg Learning Center
422 E. Central Ave.,
Greensburg, IN 47240
Student Services Coordinator