ECET 12000 - Gateway to Electrical Engineering Technology
Credit Hours: 3.0.
This course introduces students to the academic and professional field of electrical and computer engineering technology. Familiar applications of technology that impact today’s and tomorrow’s society are blended with foundational electrical and electronics principles. Practical systems are examined to illustrate the diverse knowledge required to design, analyze, and solve problems in multifaceted systems. Skills needed to explore electronic systems using standard laboratory instrumentation and methods of measurement are introduced.
1. Apply fundamental laws of electrical and electronic circuits to analyze systems and circuits.
2. Assemble and test circuits (virtual and real), measuring electrical quantities using standard instrumentation.
3. Decompose a system into functional blocks; and in some applications, blocks into circuits.
4. Utilize technology to control electronic circuit actions.
5. Utilize structured problem solving techniques to analyze fundamental applications in electronics.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of and apply electrical safety.