ECET 19600 - Introduction To EET And Projects
Credit Hours: 2.0.
This course introduces ECET projects and the ECET program. Included are topices about ECET projects, options and electives in the ECET curriculum, university services, study techniques and student employment and career opportunities. Also introduced are techniques for proper and safe use of basic hand and machine tools, and the processes of fabricating, assembling and testing printed circuit boards.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- State the principles of lab safety.
- Describe basic power supply regulation.
- Apply the principles of soldering to create acceptable solder joints.
- Apply the principles of testing to test a basic power supply circuit board and assembly.
- Describe basic assembly procedures for surface mount parts.
- Describe basic procedures of IC fabrication.
- Apply basic project planning principles to the class project.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ECET department, culture, and appropriate decorum.
- Describe EET as a career.
- Develop their plan of study for their EET degree.
- Describe university resources as they apply to student welfare.