ECET 30700 - Analog Signal Processing
Credit Hours: 4.0.
This is an advanced course in network analysis that stresses network theorems and solutions of time- and frequency-domain problems. Transform circuit and signal analysis using Laplace and Fourier techniques are developed, culmination in active filter design applications. Software techniques, such as MATLAB(r) and LabVIEW(tm), to solve mathematical problems are employed.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
1. Identify, calculate and plot basic signals, such as periodic signals and step, ramp, impulse and exponential functions.
2. Analyze and recognize the output response of first-order and second-order circuits with regards to resonance, damping and stability.
3. Analyze first, second, and higher order circuits in the time domain and the frequency domain.
4. Apply the principles of Fourier series and transforms to filter analysis and harmonic distortion.
5. Use transfer functions to evaluate and analyze circuit performance using poles and zeroes.
6. Design Butterworth and Chebyshev active filters and implement the design using synthesis by equating coefficients.
7. Determine frequency domain functions from time domain functions (Laplace transforms).
8. Determine time domain functions from frequency domain functions (Inverse Laplace transforms).
9. Use Laplace transforms to solve time domain problems (transient analysis) in the frequency (Laplace) domain.
10. Evaluate the performance of circuits using standard laboratory measurements and simulations.
(ECET 20700 Minimum Grade of D- or
EET 20700 Minimum Grade of D-) and
(MA 22200 Minimum Grade of D- or
MA 22400 Minimum Grade of D- or
MATH M2160 Minimum Grade of D- or
MATH M2090 Minimum Grade of D- or
MA 26100 Minimum Grade of D- or
MA 16200 Minimum Grade of D- or
MA 23000 Minimum Grade of D- or
MA 16900 Minimum Grade of D- or
MA 18100 Minimum Grade of D- or
MA 17100 Minimum Grade of D- or
MA 22800 Minimum Grade of D- or
MA 16600 Minimum Grade of D- or
MA 17300 Minimum Grade of D- or
MATH 16400 Minimum Grade of D-)