ECET 39600 - Project Development and Management
Credit Hours: 4.0.
This is a structured course in electronic projects, with an emphasis on planning and design alternatives to meet cost, performance, and user-interface goals. A software tool is utilized for project management. Students work in teams to solve problem assignments using guided design techniques. Creativity is stressed, and the different approaches taken by different teams are compared and discussed.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
1. State the goals and risks of working in a team.
2. From problem definition, define a workable plan to create a design to solve that problem.
3. Evaluate customer needs as part of the definition of the solution to a problem
4. Evaluate alternative designs to solve a problem, then decide on the most appropriate design to pursue.
5. Construct and follow a Gantt chart for the team project.
6. Write a formal technical report on the results of the team project.
7. Define a problem, and propose a solution to be carried through in ECET 49600 & 49700.
8. Write a formal technical proposal.
12 Credits of ECET 30000-49999 coursework
Minimum Grade of D- [may not be taken concurrently] and
ECET 29700 Minimum Grade of D- [may not be taken concurrently]