Eric T Matson
Campus: West Lafayette
Department: Computer and Information Technology
Office: Knoy 209
- PhD (Computer Science), University of Cincinnati Cincinnati, OH, 2008.
- MSE (Software Engineering), Kansas State University Manhattan, KS, 2002.
- MBA (Operations Management), Ohio State University Columbus, OH, 1993.
- BS (Computer Science), Kansas State University Manhattan, KS, 1988.
- CIT 315 -- Object Oriented Development
- CIT 581 -- Professional Research Communication
- CIT 581 -- Smart Grid Seminar
Honors and Awards
- 2011 - Ho Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching
- 2010 - Ho Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching
Grant Proposals and Projects
- Dale Harris, Eric T. Matson, James Mohler (2012) POSTECH GEM: Graduate Degree Collaboration ($684,000)
- Eric T. Matson, John Gallagher (WSU), Gary Greenwood (PSU) (2012) : NSF CPS: Synergy: Collaborative Research: Methodologies for Engineering with Plug-and-Learn Components: Formal Synthesis and Analysis ($1,000,000)
- Eric T. Matson, Anthony Smith and J. Eric Dietz (2012) International Cooperation Project Supporting Program for Firefighting Robots ($307,000)
Textbooks and Editorships of Journals/Proceedings
- Pablo Noriega, Javier Vazquez-Salceda, Guido Boella, Olivier Boissier, Virginia Dignum, Nicoletta Fo, (2006) COIN II, Coordination, Organizations, Institutions and Norms in Multi-Agent Systems. Proceedings AAMAS '06/ECAI '06. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence(LNAI) Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag.
- Olivier Boissier, Julian Padget, Virginia Dignum, Gabriela Lindemann, Eric Matson, Sascha Ossowski,, (2006) COIN I, Coordination, Organization, Institutions and Norms in Agent Systems I, Proceedings ANIREM '05/OOOP '05. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence(LNAI)Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag.
Refereed Articles and Conference Papers/Presentations/Abstracts
- Eric Matson, Raj Bhatnagar (2008). Knowledge Sharing Between Agents in a Transitioning Organization. Sichman, J.S., Padget, J., Ossowski, S., Noriega, P., editor, Coordination, Organization, Institutions and Norms in Agent Systems (COIN) III Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag.
- Eric Matson (2008). Evaluation of Properties in the Transition of Capability-based Agent Organizations. Web Intelligence and Agent Systems Journal IOS Press.
- Scott A. DeLoach, Walamitien Oyenan and Eric Matson (February 2008). A Capabilities-Based Model for Artificial Organizations. Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, 16, 13-56.
- Eric Matson, Raj Bhatnagar (April 2008). From Sensor Networks to Sensor Organizations. Intelligent Computing: Theory and Applications V Conference, SPIE Symposium on Defense \& Security 2008 Orlando, FL: SPIE.
- Eric Matson, Raj Bhatnagar (April 2007). Organization Capable Intelligent Sensors. Intelligent Computing: Theory and Applications V Conference, SPIE Symposium on Defense & Security 2007 Orlando, FL: SPIE.
- Eric Matson, Raj Bhatnagar (December 2006). Properties of Capability Based Agent Organization Transition. 2006 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT-2006) Hong Kong, China.
- Eric Matson (September 2005). Abstraction of Transition Properties in Multiagent Organizations. Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT 2005) Compiegne, France.
- Eric Matson (June 2005). Reasoning on Temporal Effects of Agent Organization Transition. Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IC-AI '05) Las Vegas, NV.
- Eric Matson, Scott DeLoach (April 2005). Formal Transition in Agent Organizations. IEEE International Conference on Knowledge Intensive Multiagent Systems (KIMAS '05) Waltham, MA.
- Eric Matson, Scott DeLoach (April 2005). Autonomous Organization-Based Adaptive Information Systems. IEEE International Conference on Knowledge Intensive Multiagent Systems (KIMAS '05 Waltham, MA.
- Eric Matson, Scott DeLoach, Robyn Pauly. (July - December 2004). Building Interest in Math and Science for Rural and Underserved Elementary School Children Using Robots. Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research Special Issue on Resources for Pre-college EducationUSA.
- Scott A. DeLoach, Eric T. Matson, Yonghua Li (August 2003). Exploiting Agent Oriented Software Engineering in the Design of a Cooperative Robotics Search and Rescue System.. The International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence,, 17 (5), pp. 817-835.
- ASEE , Member
- COIN, Steering Committee Member
- IEEE , Member
- Multiagent Systems
- Robotic Systems
- Software Development and Engineering
- STEM Outreach