EET Program Educational Objectives
The Educational Objectives for the New Albany location of the Purdue
University EET Associate of Science Degree Program are to produce
- Have technical and professional skills that prepare them for immediate employment in the Southern Indiana/Louisville region and to add value to their company within a short time after employment as an electrical/electronics technician.
- Apply basic physics theory, circuit analysis using algebra and trigonometry, computer programming, and software simulation to build, test, operate and maintain electrical/electronic systems.
- Communicate effectively in oral, written, and graphical forms.
- Work effectively, individually and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional ethics and are cognizant of social concerns as they relate to the practice of engineering technology.
- Continue their education through short courses, industrial training, and/or continuation toward a bachelor's degree.