Applying to ProSTAR is easy. Start by reviewing these application tips to walk through the process, then put together your application packet:
- Completed electronic application form*
- Statement of purpose (300-500 words) highlighting:
- Your career objectives
- Why you’re interested in graduate study
- How a graduate degree will help you attain your career objectives
- Your professional plans and applied research interest
- Elaboration on any special abilities, awards, achievements, scholarly publications and professional history
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your current employer if possible
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning**
- Resume showing your work history***
* All ProSTAR weekend and distance education programs are listed on the Graduate School website at the West Lafayette campus under “West Lafayette - Technology (Distance Learning).” Be sure to sign up for the correct program so you don’t have to reapply.
** You must possess an earned baccalaureate degree with a grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. (If you don’t have a 3.00 GPA, please contact us to discuss admission alternatives.)
*** The GRE or GMAT is not required if you’ve completed two or more years of full-time, relevant work experience.