Purdue University – Student Services Coordinator
Provide academic and career counseling for current and prospective undergraduate students of the Purdue College of Technology at Richmond. Duties include recruiting, admitting, registering, and counseling students, maintaining academic records, maintaining compliance with Veterans' Affairs requirements; and participating in recruiting, outreach, and placement programs. Data collection and reporting, and print media development required. Serve as a liaison between College of Technology at Richmond and academic department offices and other related offices of Purdue University's West Lafayette campus and Indiana University Richmond.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of student services related work experience.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Ability to function independently, possess strong organizational skills and be able to take ideas from the thinking stage to the implementation phase.
- Skills in public relations and relating to students and a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability to solve a wide range of problems from simple to complex.
- Ability to troubleshoot financial aid and registration problems.
- High degree of patience and persistence to work with both IU staff and West Lafayette personnel.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of word processing and database management.
- Ability to learn and adhere to University policies and practices.
- Ability to foster a positive, participative work ethic.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Ability to lift and carry 10-25 pounds frequently and 40 pounds occasionally.
- Degree in Organizational Leadership, Business Management, Marketing, Humanities, Social Sciences, Student Personnel or related field
- Experience in student services and/or academic advising.
- Desktop publishing skills.
This position is located in Richmond, IN.
Valid Driver's license necessary for travel.
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
For consideration submit resume and apply online at: www.purdue.edu/careers and reference Job Number 1200905.
Purdue University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action Employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce.