Project Lead the Way Conference (PLTW) 2013
The Purdue University College of Technology at South Bend will host the fifth annual Project Lead the Way Conference on October 4, 2013. This year's theme is Alternative Energy. The conference is held from 9:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Lunch is provided.
Students will have the opportunity to attend five sessions throughout the day, which include three hands-on technical project sessions and two informational sessions:
- Electrical Engineering Technology (EET)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET)
- Industrial Technology (IT)
- Industry Session
- Campus Life
The goals for the conference are to:
- Engage high school students in fun and interesting activities to spur their interest in technology
- Motivate better study choices by linking the technical activities to math and science
- Inform students of degree and career options available locally
- Introduce them to the environment of a university campus
- Help each student match his/her interests and skills with appropriate careers
Sign-ups for the 2013 conference have not yet begun. For more information about how to attend a future Project Lead the Way conference at Purdue-South Bend contact Shanna Frische-Mouri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information regarding the fall 2012 conference can be found here.