Virtual Learning Community
The Virtual Learning Community (VLC) is open to all engineering technology students in the Ivy Tech and Purdue University systems.
What is it?
- It's a professional and social network of up to 40 students. You'll discuss classes and careers, and as the community gels, you'll likely find yourself comparing things outside of class.
- This web-based community was created for you to interact with other students in engineering technology programs across the state. You will meet, help and learn from other students, faculty and industry partners.
Benefits of joining
- Gain a better understanding of the issues you face as an engineering technology student
- Meet peers who are having the same experiences as you
- Access resources at both institutions to help you in your academic and career goals
- Interact with faculty outside of classes
- Have the potential to improve your academic success, according to studies on learning communities
- Be connected to the program year-round
- Take advantage of mentoring opportunities
- Connect with potential employers and other networking professionals