Project Lead the Way (PLTW)
Project Lead the Way (PLTW) is a national non-profit organization established to help schools give students the knowledge they need to excel in high-tech fields. PLTW provides certified middle and high schools with engineering and engineering technology curricula that affords students the opportunity to earn college credit.
High school students may transfer 12 credit hours of their PLTW coursework to Purdue University at no cost. The following courses are transferable for college credit:
- IT 101 Biotechnical Engineering
- IT 102 Aerospace Engineering
- IT 103 Civil Engineering and Architecture
- IT 105 Introduction to Engineering Design
- IT 106 Digital Electronics
- IT 107 Principles of Engineering
- IT 108 Computer Intergrated Manufacturing
The technology education program at Purdue University was the first in the nation to integrate PLTW competencies into its program. Technology education graduates receive a Project Lead the Way certificate, along with their Purdue University diploma and Indiana teaching license.